Reply to Thread

Thread: Summer event

Server
    CLA01

Summer event

I should probably split this message into several ones, but it's pointless. I don't even see appropriate sub-forums for some of them.
    1. Who translates the currency for the events? "Zamarznięte jadło" and the icon of an ice-cream? Really? The worst naming ever What is the original English/German naming?
    2. There is a misspelling on the main page. In the title there is 20% and in the main content you say about 50%. Ctrl+C and ctrl+V is not a way to become a professional.
    3. I understand that you are trying out a new business model at the moment and hence only 20% extra during an extended period of days. I hope you choke on it
    4. When do you expect the game to crash completely and the servers to be dead? Do you plan any extra shifts to keep things in order? Like a person who can trigger a server reset at 23 CET... Or more likely just past midnight when the hour of the might begins and all will break down some day.
    Last edited by DanteAlfaro; 21.07.16 at 16:30.

Server
    CLA01
    Hi Dante,

1. What would you name these then? The English name for the event currency is 'Frozen Treats'.

If you provide me with a better translation, I will forward this to the localization team.

2. You have a very sharp eye! I have edited it and it now shows the correct number. Thanks!

3. That is not very nice of you to write, the 20% is indeed 'new' but there will be 50% and 100% Happy Hours soon as well, the 20% Happy Hours are just a bonus to the rest!

4. I hope this won't happen. We have a team at hand for emergency situations at all times, make sure to report an outage to our support team so they are aware of it and can resolve it very fast.

Thanks for your feedback Dante, just keep in mind to stay polite. We are only humans after all, with real feelings etc.

Best,
    Eraya

Server
    CLA01
    Thanks for the reply, Eraya.
    1. So the exact translation is "Zamrożone smakołyki". One of my friends proposes "Mrożonki" (frozen food). I think it's short and it could be better. But here comes another thing: treat (smakołyk) is something entirely different then food (jadło) in Polish. "Smakołyk' is something delicious and "jadło" is just a food. I think hannamartinez can propose a good naming for this currency and she'll do it soon
    2. No problem
    3. Glad to hear it And sorry, my cynisism and black humour made me do this
    4. It isn't hope what prevents from bad things happen. It's action

Best regards
    DanteAlfaro and the others

Server
    CLA01
    Hi Eraya,

Lodowe smakołyki would be appropriate to keep the sense of 'treats'.
    I'm glad to hear that we will have a better Happy Hours soon.

One question I need to ask - and sorry for going off topic a little bit: What was the goal of the IT maintenance? We have been experiencing lower performance of the game server, stability is even lower than usual, please forward this.

Greetings

Server
    CLA01
    Quote Originally Posted by hannamartinez View Post

Lodowe smakołyki would be appropriate to keep the sense of 'treats'.
    As I said before But she's just told me just that even better option would be Lodowe przysmaki.

Server
    CLA01
    Happy Hour ...
    first time see only 20% over last 2 years playing.
    Why Hour if this takes more than a week? Should be rater Happy Week, not Hour.
    Why Happy if only 20% for unstabile game, which to play everyone need refresh game every few minutes. Lucky if refresh and reloging only once per half hour. So 20% bonus for such failing product is much too low to convince players for purchase. Should be rather named Said, but not Happy.
    Suggest change name on Said Week, would be more reflecting what players feeling now.

Server
    CLA01
    Hello,

Thank you for the translation suggestions, I will pass them on!

And you're totally right TOM, I think the name Happy Week fits a lot better as well. Sadly this will not change, as the name is the same on all of the BlueByte games. ^_^

Server
    CLA01
    Quote Originally Posted by DanteAlfaro View Post
    4. When do you expect the game to crash completely and the servers to be dead? Do you plan any extra shifts to keep things in order? Like a person who can trigger a server reset at 23 CET... Or more likely just past midnight when the hour of the might begins and all will break down some day.
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Eraya View Post
    4. I hope this won't happen. We have a team at hand for emergency situations at all times, make sure to report an outage to our support team so they are aware of it and can resolve it very fast.
    Player's diary:
    30.07., Saturday morning, 6 days till the end of the summer event - I have almost believed this could be true - an event without a game crash. But then I received a message from a friend that chat doesn't work, spells work like they don't etc. I had to check it out (although other tasks were planned)... And sadly, what I was told turns out to be true: chat doesn't work, spells are casted, but you can't see if they work or not, your creatures move in your imagination only, moves queue is out of order. But still there's a hope(!) - sometimes creatures move and the spells are visible.
    BB/Ubi! You've struggled well!

Best regards,
    DanteAlfaro
    Last edited by DanteAlfaro; 30.07.16 at 12:17.

Reply to Thread