Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Steam opinions and current game state

Server
    CLA01

Steam opinions and current game state

I have a question to Blue Byte. And while I know that most likely I will not get an honest answer, I still want to try.
    Just please, please, please no PR bull....

Right now the game has 74% of negative reviews on Steam. That is the worst ratio any Might & Magic game has ever had. The most common feedback is "pay 2 win". People on this forum, myself included, many times acknowledged that they do not like the decisions Blue Byte has made over the last two years. I summed up those decisions in my article from a while ago.

Question: What is Blue Byte's response to this overwhelmingly negative feedback?
    Does the current dev team stand by their decisions?
    Do the current authors plan to do anything about the current game state?
    It is my understanding that just fixing bugs will not fix the game. And even those are not fixed (like recurring login problems).
    New gamers do not like the game.
    Old gamers do not like the game.
    What else is needed to prove to you that what you're doing with Heroes Online is wrong - both for the players and for the company?
    Last edited by AcidDragon; 26.11.15 at 13:06.

Server
    CLA01
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidDragon View Post
    Question: What is Blue Byte's response to this overwhelmingly negative feedback?
    I can answer for them, because we all know the answer:
    WE DON'T GIVE A S... :P

As for the negative reviews - it's true and Ubi deserves it, but to be honest, many of those people have played for a couple of minutes, maybe an hour and they expected something entirely different. I don't know what... Maybe a movement of the hero in the retail game series style
    I don't believe it, I'm just defending Ubi Kinda of
    Edit: I've read the article and I love it. It contains all the things I've wanted to point out once (but I was too lazy and it wouldn't have changed a thing). I think it should be shared in all possible places.
    Last edited by DanteAlfaro; 04.12.15 at 11:54.

Server
    CLA01
    Hi,

There's no need to get impolite, DanteAlfaro, please follow the rules of conduct. Apologies AcidDragon, I have totally missed your question. I will forward this feedback and questions on to the development team.

Server
    CLA01
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Eraya View Post
    Hi,

There's no need to get impolite, DanteAlfaro, please follow the rules of conduct.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to, but let's face the facts - we are ignored in most cases, our voice is like shouting into the void. The only thing that matters is the profit for Ubi and let's call it honestly, it's a greed as it was mentioned indirectly in those reviews telling everybody about the intrusive efforts to "force" players to buy shop items.
    I encourage you to read AcidDragon's article, perhaps pass it on to the highest rank representatives of Ubi/BB , it's all about the things most people playing this game think but don't dare or won't to tell because of the immediate ban or thread/post deletion danger.

Server
    CLA01
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Eraya View Post
    Hi,

There's no need to get impolite, DanteAlfaro, please follow the rules of conduct.
    True, but doesn't this rule apply to mods as well?
    Not long ago a player complained he couldn't cast a spell in the Abyssal Worm battle and the mod's response was "Can't you live with it?'
    Yes, we can all live with BB's ignorance and total lack of response to the players' questions and needs... but not forever.
    Respect your players before they go away.

Server
    CLA01
    @BB_Eraya - I would greatly appreciate the answer. Thank you for forwarding.

@DanteAlfaro - I have already talked in person about Heroes Online with Might & Magic's creative director, Erwan le Breton. As I am under NDA, I cannot give any details but I can assure you that he is (and was) well aware of the current situation. However, as far as I understand, currently the main development decisions about the game are made by Blue Byte, not somewhere "higher up" in Ubisoft. That's why it would be nice to get some feedback directly from the devs and not just standard marketing-PR texts

Server
    CLA01
    Quote Originally Posted by hannamartinez View Post
    True, but doesn't this rule apply to mods as well?
    Not long ago a player complained he couldn't cast a spell in the Abyssal Worm battle and the mod's response was "Can't you live with it?'
    Yes, we can all live with BB's ignorance and total lack of response to the players' questions and needs... but not forever.
    Respect your players before they go away.
    I didn't meant to be rude. I just think this isn't a problem, cause in this stage of Abyssal Worm we don't have to use that spell. It's a waste of move for me. And to be honest there are more pressing metters then this.
    Sorry if that make you feel ignored. That wasn't my point.

Regards

Server
    CLA01
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Shiva View Post
    I didn't meant to be rude. I just think this isn't a problem, cause in this stage of Abyssal Worm we don't have to use that spell. It's a waste of move for me. And to be honest there are more pressing metters then this.
    Sorry if that make you feel ignored. That wasn't my point.

Regards
    Thank you for replying, Shiva. More experienced players know that there's no point in using dispel there, but the player obviously didn't, and it wouldn't hurt to reply politely
    I was just illustrating my point - more and more players just quit, with all the bugs and lack of new challenges in the game (myself included).

Server
    CLA01
    Hi,

Shiva did not mean to be rude, as she's not a native English speaker I think this is just the language barrier. If however, you have an issue with a moderator, please don't take the fight to a forum topic like this one, but send me a PM. Thanks!

Server
    CLA01
    I like very much Heroes but unless bugs are fixed and raid and expedition more rewarding, I don't know how longer will I play.
    I play for more than one year and a half and I have invested as much as I could afford in this game and I would like to see some changes, and something new too.
    It is a pity that such a nice game looses players all the time- some of them wich are active and play daily and invest in it.
    Don't you think that too?

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast